Moseley Construction Group, an established and growing multifamily general contracting company, is seeking a superintendent with a “get it done” attitude to join our team. Our selection standards are high, and we are looking for someone who will be a fit with the commitments of the company and a fit with the requirements of this position.
- Supervise and coordinate installation of work in accordance with the contract documents, project schedule and the planned sequence of work.
- Be aware of project milestone dates and the requirements to achieve them.
- Have thorough knowledge of the contract documents and the scope of work for the specific area(s) or trade(s) assigned.
- Develop an understanding of the duration of each activity.
- Apply knowledge of equipment capability and develop plans for optimum utilization.
- Know the scheduled delivery dates for all material and equipment that have a direct effect on the area(s)/trade(s) assigned.
- Supervise field work force to assure that all work is put in place in the most cost effective manner.
- Know the budgets for work that is being supervised.
- Determine causes and develop remedies when costs are not in line with budget, estimate, and/or reasonable expectations.
- Implement the safety program. Conduct regular, scheduled and unscheduled, safety inspections to assure all working conditions and work habits are in compliance with company and government standards.
- Take remedial action when required. Establish a procedure for hazard recognition at the beginning of every new activity.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of all of the company’s safety standards, manuals, and procedures.
- Maintain good working relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management or a related discipline with a minimum of two years’ work experience in the construction industry.
- Experience with Timberline Project Management is a plus.
- 3 to 6 years of construction management experience in a field supervisory role.
- Demonstrated ability to direct the work of others including subcontractors and suppliers
- Working knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower, etc.
- Excellent scheduling skills using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Verifiable resources
- Well versed in safety and government regulations with success in implementation on a job site.
- Willing to “speak up” when necessary to achieve the desired results.
- Able to work successfully with strong/dominant personalities.
- Responsible and accountable for their results.
- Competitive and ambitious.
- Results oriented – goal driven.
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work successfully without requiring close supervision
- Positive attitude – team player.
- Customer focused.
Salary based on experience. The successful superintendent will receive raises based on contribution to the company, not length of service. Excellent benefits including profit sharing, 401k, health and dental insurance, four weeks paid vacation/personal time off, 9 paid holidays, long term and short term disability paid by the company.
Email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include references and employment history. All qualified resumes are personally reviewed by the President of the company.
In your cover letter answer the following questions:
- Explain how your skills match the description of the person we need.
- How much experience do you have in project management and what construction type?