Moseley Construction Group, an established and growing multifamily general contracting company, is seeking a project manager with a “get it done” attitude to join our team. Our selection standards are high, and we are looking for someone who will be a fit with the commitments of the company and a fit with the requirements of this position.
- Supervise all activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, and schedule.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of company’s contracts and understanding of all entities involved.
- Secure all required permits and verify insurance coverage for subcontractors.
- Schedule and facilitate all project meetings required to successfully coordinate work activity.
- Supervise and manage project team members.
- Train and develop direct reports utilizing on the job and internal and external training or development opportunities.
- Have thorough knowledge of all major project issues and priorities; prepare and submit weekly job status reports.
- Provide general administrative and technical leadership for the project. Maintain all project records and monitor correspondence.
- Supervise close-out of project.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with counterparts at owner and engineering firms.
- Undergraduate degree required in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field with a minimum of two years’ work experience in the construction industry.
- Experience working with Timberline Project Management is a plus.
- Experience managing projects successfully from start to finish.
- Skilled at negotiating and developing relationships with owners and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Excellent scheduling skills using Suretrack or Microsoft Project.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Excel or Word.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Passion for the work and industry a must.
- Verifiable references.
- Be able to pass a background and drug test.
- Willing to “speak up” when necessary to achieve the desired results.
- Able to work successfully with strong/dominant personalities.
- Responsible and accountable for their results.
- Competitive and ambitious.
- Results oriented – goal driven.
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work successfully without requiring close supervision
- Positive attitude – team player.
- Customer focused.
Salary based on experience. The successful project manager will receive raises based on contribution to the company, not length of service. Excellent benefits including profit sharing, 401k, health and dental insurance, four weeks paid vacation/personal time off, 9 paid holidays, long term and short term disability paid by the company.
Email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include references and employment history. All qualified resumes are personally reviewed by the President of the company.
In your cover letter answer the following questions:
- Explain how your skills match the description of the person we need.
- How much experience do you have in project management and what construction type?