Moseley Construction Group, an established and growing multifamily general contracting company, is seeking a Project Engineer with a “get it done” attitude to join our team. Our selection standards are high, and we are looking for someone who will be a fit with the commitments of the company and a fit with the requirements of this position.
The Project Engineer provides administrative and technical services in the fields of scheduling, cost engineering, subcontract coordination, and general project administration. Along with job site project managers and superintendents, project engineers have responsibilities in overall project oversight and may be assigned to a particular section, subcontractor, or other facet(s) of the project.
- Assist in development of project plan as requested.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager(s) in purchasing activities including scoping and take-offs.
- Prepare and forward submittals. Confirm submittal complies with plans/specs.
- Support the development and updating of the project schedule and subcontractor detail schedules.
- Monitor and expedite material deliveries ensuring all deliveries conform to the project schedule.
- Administer subcontracts as assigned.
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in the coordination of drawings.
- Draft change orders. Solicit prices from subcontractors and suppliers. Perform scope take-off and estimate costs.
- Aid in close out of project; includes assembling manuals and other warranties for turnover to owner and preparation final payment documents for subcontractors.
- Participate/lead training sessions.
- Act as the point person for document management applications.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering, construction management or a degree in a related discipline.
- Entry level to two years experience in a project engineer or similar role in the construction industry; experience with a general contractor preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of scheduling, cost engineering, subcontract coordination, and general project administration.
- Familiarity reading drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of Timberline Project Management a plus.
- Computer proficient, including Microsoft Office products.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player and reliable.
- Interest and passion for building and the industry.
- Detail oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Be able to pass a drug and background check
- Verifiable references
- Willing to “speak up” when necessary to achieve the desired results.
- Able to work successfully with strong/dominant personalities.
- Responsible and accountable for their results.
- Competitive and ambitious.
- Results oriented – goal driven.
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work successfully without requiring close supervision
- Positive attitude – team player.
- Customer focused.
Salary based on experience. The successful project engineer will receive raises based on contribution to the company, not length of service. Excellent benefits including profit sharing, 401k, health and dental insurance, four weeks paid vacation/personal time off, 9 paid holidays, long term and short term disability paid by the company.
Email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Include references and employment history. All qualified resumes are personally reviewed by the President of the company.
In your cover letter answer the following questions:
- Explain how your skills match the description of the person we need.
- How much experience do you have in project management and what construction type?