Assistant Project Manager
Moseley Construction Group, an established and growing multifamily general contracting company, is seeking an assistant project manager with a “get it done” attitude to join our team. Our selection standards are high, and we are looking for someone who will be a fit with the commitments of the company and a fit with the requirements of this position.
This candidate will work with their assigned project manager to help achieve their respective project management objectives. This position reports directly to the assigned project manager, senior project manager and/or division head.
- Weekly OAC Meetings
- Meeting Minutes and Documentation
- Project Monthly Report Generation
- Contract Administration
- Punch-List Management
- Ensure Contract Document Logs are established and maintained
- Ensure status reports on RFIs, Submittals and other Documents are prepared and presented
- Write effective scopes of work for bid packages
- Effectively issue Request for Quotations and follow up with Trade Contractors
- Successfully update project schedules with CPM techniques
- Timely document field quality activities
- Prepare change management reports, estimates and other cost report documents
- Establish and maintain the project quality files and documentation systems
- Continually promote organizational change initiatives, suggests new ideas, and adapt to work within new structures and processes
- Continually seek to understand customer goals and needs and act with a sense of urgency in meeting customer needs and demonstrating value
- Develop industry relationships and expand professional networks that have potential to generate opportunities for Moseley Construction Group
- College degree in construction management or working towards degree or related field with a minimum of 2 years work experience within the construction industry.
- Experience with Timberline Project Management is a plus.
- Excellent scheduling skills using Suretrack or Microsoft Project.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Be able to pass a background and drug check.
- Verifiable references.
- Willing to “speak up” when necessary to achieve the desired results.
- Able to work successfully with strong/dominant personalities.
- Responsible and accountable for their results.
- Competitive and ambitious.
- Results oriented – goal driven.
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work successfully without requiring close supervision
- Positive attitude – team player.
- Customer focused.
Salary based on experience. Raises based on your contribution to the company, not length of service. Excellent benefits including profit sharing, 401k, health and dental insurance, four weeks paid vacation/personal time off, 9 paid holidays, long term and short term disability paid by the company.
Email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include references and employment history. All qualified resumes are personally reviewed by the President of the company.
In your cover letter answer the following questions:
- Explain how your skills match the description of the person we need.
- How much experience do you have in project management and what construction type?